1. Hypnosis activates a deep relaxation response in your body that reduces sympathetic nervous system activity, decreases blood pressure, slows heart rate, and accelerates healing.
2. Hypnotherapy puts you back in control of your life, your body, your relationships and your surroundings. You realize what an empowered part you play in how your life unfolds.
3. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. You are in control of your hypnotic state in each moment. You can choose to explore your subconscious and the images, sensations, and memories there or you can choose to open your eyes and return to the room at any time.
4. Another advantage of hypnotherapy is a phenomenal self-management skills and a method of self-care. You learn techniques, resources and ideas that tend to become lifetime tools.
4. Hypnotherapy changes your stress response and reactivity to events. As you change how you respond to life, your health can increases, your muscles relax and your immune system turns off its flight or fight mode and returns to restore and heal mode.
5. You skip trying to make changes by sheer 'will power' and directly influence your subconscious's core beliefs and behaviors.
6. Hypnosis is a natural healing remedy and had no adverse side-effects or interactions. You empower the bodies own innate capabilities without complicating the profile or adding more toxicities.
6. Hypnotherapy is cost effective, usually requiring 4 to 6 sessions, and its effects may last for the rest of your life. Research is demonstrating its effectiveness both as a adjunct to standard treatment and as an alternative.
1. Hypnosis will not work if you are not wanting it, willing, and focused on healing. The hypnotherapist can only guide you. You are responsible for participating fully, dedicating the time and space needed, and practicing self-hypnosis.
2. Another disadvantage of hypnotherapy is that it is not a quick fix. Though there are many recorded cases in which only one session eliminated a life long allergy or released chronic neck pain, in most cases 4 to 6 sessions along with learning self-hypnosis is needed for the full effects of hypnotherapy to create permanent healing. In the case of chronic disease, there may be from 12 to 24 sessions required for lasting change. An example of number and types of sessions required for a chronic disease such as multiple sclerosis can be found here.
3. What is said in any hypnogogic state, if accepted willingly by your subconscious, can take a major effect on your life. How dramatically could your life change if you no longer felt unworthy or were no longer driven to seek others approval all the time?
Want to find out more? Listen here to Eva M. Clark explaining how she uses hypnotherapy.
Copyright 2017 MINDbasedHealing.com (org)