The Hypnotic State
The hypnotic state is a common occurrence that happens
throughout your day. Such as:
- when you are "focused inward" remembering a previous conversation (and forget your exit on the road because of it!)
- when you are daydreaming
- the state right before falling asleep or just as you are waking and you're not quite "back in the room"
- the state of inner reflection while looking out the window
- the focused state of meditation
- the dream state
Hypnotherapy Uses the Hypnotic State to Gain Understanding and Create Change
What happens in hypnotherapy is that we utilize this hypnotic state to:
- to communicate with your symptom or a body part and find the underlying cause and their resolution
- to resolve past memories and traumas that are blocking you from moving forward
- to re-educate your immune system to not over-react to allergens or your own body
- to break habits or behavior such as procrastinating or forgetting to check your calendar
- to change a deep core belief such as "I'm not worthy"
'One of the interesting ironies about hypnosis is that old fantasy that it takes away control,' says Dr. David Spiegel, professor and associate chair of psychiatry at Stanford University School of Medicine and a leading expert on the practice. 'It's actually a way of
enhancing people's control, of teaching them how to control aspects of
their body's function and sensation that they thought they couldn't.'"
Newsweek, Altered States
Copyright 2017 MINDbasedHealing.com (org)